Exhaustive and powerful audio editor, processor, recorder, renderer, arranger and mastering solution for multi-track waveform audio content. REAPER has been designed with compatibility with almost all types of hardware in mind, making it simple to use with a huge amount of software solutions and dedicated audio plug-ins of all sorts.
REAPER’s full, flexible feature set and renowned stability have found a home wherever digital audio is used: commercial and home studios, broadcast, location recording, education, science and research, sound design, game development, and more.
– Record and overdub audio and MIDI. The number of simultaneous recording inputs is limited only by your hardware.
– Record directly to any of a dozen supported audio formats, at any sample rate or bit depth.
– Any track can record audio or MIDI input, or record that track’s processed audio or MIDI output.
– Record multiple takes or layers, overdub, punch in and out, or record in a loop.
– Record arm and disarm tracks without stopping playback.
– Record directly to stereo, surround, or multichannel audio files, before or after effects processing.
– Monitor inputs with or without software FX.
– Set up multiple monitor mixes with separate FX processing.
– Tape-style varispeed recording and playback.
– Record simultaneously to multiple disks for redundancy and scalability.
– Drag and drop to import, arrange, and render.
– Freely mix audio, MIDI, video, still image media on any track.
– Easily move, split, glue, resize, trim, loop, time stretch, pitch shift, fade, crossfade, slip, snap to grid, without switching tools.
– Intuitive zoom, scroll, scrub, jog, tab to audio transient, MIDI navigation.
– Simple and powerful nested folder system allows group editing, routing, bussing, all in one step.
– Open multiple projects simultaneously in separate tabs.
– Full automation recording, playback, and editing support for track and media item take controls and plug-ins.
– Easily manage tempo, time signature, and varispeed changes.
– Separate audio or MIDI into freely arrangeable takes and lanes for easy comping.
– Easily copy or move regions, to quickly try out alternate arrangements.
– Thorough and flexible multichannel support. Each track supports up to 64 individually routable channels.
– Insert almost any third-party audio or MIDI plug-in: VST, VST3, VSTi, DX/DXi (Windows only), AU/AUi (OS X only), JS.
Apply FX in real time, or non-destructively render FX output.
– Real-time network FX processing: use other local machines as an FX farm.
– Includes the JSFX audio and midi plug-in scripting engine, and hundreds of user-programmable effects.
– ReWire (audio and MIDI) any capable application for even more flexibility.
– Automatic plug-in delay compensation (PDC).
– Industry-leading performance and multiprocessor utilization.
– Native bridging and firewalling: run 32-bit plug-ins in REAPER x64, maximize RAM utilization, protect against and recover from plug-in crashes.
– Sidechain any plug-in, even if the plug-in does not natively support sidechaining.
– Real-time pitch shifting, correction, and time stretch. Includes multiple pitch/timestretch engines including Elastique 3 Pro.
– ReaSurround included, for spatial visualization and processing of stereo, surround, or multichannel audio (up to 64 channels).
– Special-use plug-ins to virtualize outboard hardware, manage MIDI signals, stream audio, connect to NINJAM servers, and more.
– Thoroughly customizable appearance – change colors, icons, toolbars, layouts, almost anything. Switch between multiple layouts as needed for different tasks.
– REAPER’s outboard windows can be shown, hidden, docked, or displayed on a separate monitor. Save and recall screensets for different tasks.
– Almost anything that REAPER can do, literally thousands of actions, alone or in sequence, can be triggered by a keystroke, toolbar button, or external controller.
– Easily extensible. Develop simple macros or complex extensions in Lua, EEL, or Python.
– Deeply extensible. Includes an integrated development environment for composing, editing, and testing ReaScripts.